The AMD Radeon Augmentation Library (RALI) is designed to efficiently decode and process images and videos from a variety of storage formats and modify them through a processing graph programmable by the user. RALI currently provides C API. For more details, go to docs page.
RALI can be currently used to perform the following operations either with randomized or fixed parameters:
- Warp Affine
- Flip(Horizontal, Vertical and Both)
- Blur (Gaussian 3x3)
- Fisheye lens
- Salt and pepper noise
- Color temperature
- Lens correction
- Exposure modification
- Crop Mirror Normalization
- Resize Crop Mirror
- Random Crop
- Ubunto 16.04 or later with
- AMD RPP
- OpenVX (including RPP and Media extension)
- Boost lib 1.66 or later
- Turbo JPEG version 2.0 or later
- Half float library
- jsoncpp library
- Google protobuf 3.11.1 or higher
RALI builds and installs as part of the MIVisonX toolkit. RALI depends on the AMD’s Radeon Performance Primitives (RPP) library, and it needs to be installed for RALI to build. RALI also needs the Turbo JPEG library to decode input JPEG images.
- Make sure to have the AMD’s RPP library installed. Please refer to the RPP’s page for instructions on how to install RPP.
- Make sure you’ve installed the Turbo JPEG library version 2.0 or later, refer to the section below.
- Refer to the MIVisonX page and follow build an installation steps (Build & Install MIVisionX).
Turbo JPEG installation
Turbo JPEG library is a SIMD optimized library which currently RALI uses to decode input JPEG images. It needs to be built from the source and installed in the default path for libraries and include headers. You can follow the instruction below to download the source, build and install it. Note: Make sure you have installed nasm Debian package before installation, it’s the dependency required by libturbo-jpeg.
sudo apt-get install nasm
Note: You need wget package to download the tar file.
sudo apt-get install wget
wget https://downloads.sourceforge.net/libjpeg-turbo/libjpeg-turbo-2.0.3.tar.gz tar xf libjpeg-turbo-2.0.3.tar.gz cd libjpeg-turbo-2.0.3 mkdir build cd build cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \ -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RELEASE \ -DENABLE_STATIC=FALSE \ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_DOCDIR=/usr/share/doc/libjpeg-turbo-2.0.3 \ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_DEFAULT_LIBDIR=lib \ .. make -j$nproc sudo make install
sudo apt-get install libjsoncpp-dev